Data tables continue to be an effective way to visually represent information on a website like product features, pricing, and other comparisons. But it can be tedious to build a table from scratch. That’s why it’s important that you have the best WordPress table plugin for the job. Table plugins can be powerful tools for creating tables with advanced functionality and better user experience to accurately showcase your data.
We’ve gone through the hard work of finding the absolute best free and paid solutions for you, comparing key features, pricing, and more. Hopefully, you’ll find the best plugin for adding tables to your websites.
- 1 Why Use a Table WordPress Plugin?
- 2 The 9 Best WordPress Table Plugins
- 3 What is the Best WordPress Table Plugin?
Why Use a Table WordPress Plugin?
Tables are an essential tool for displaying information on websites, as they allow website owners to organize and present data in a clear, skimmable format. They are often used in combination with charts to help visualize data.
Tables can be used to showcase:
- Product Features and Specifications
- Pricing Comparison table
- Raw Data from Research
- and any sort of information that can be organized easily by a row and column format
By using a table plugin (not to be confused with a table of contents plugin), website owners can ensure that their visitors can easily understand the information being presented in one simple place. This leads to increased engagement and a better user experience.
WordPress has a table block as a core feature of the WordPress editor to build a table from scratch. But the block is limited and difficult to style without custom code. This is where a table plugin comes to the rescue.
The 9 Best WordPress Table Plugins
Some of the plugins on this list are incredibly packed with features while others focus on specific edge cases. Determine your needs and compare features as you look through these excellent options.
1. wpDataTables Pro
wpDataTables is a unique table builder plugin that creates visually appealing tables without needing any custom code. It provides a quick and easy solution for users who need to add tables to their WordPress website. It is a freemium plugin with essential functions present in the free version, but it truly shines when upgrading to the pro version.
Key Features for wpDataTables Pro:
- Easy import of data from external sources
- Interactive tables that can be sorted, filtered, and searched
- Conditional formatting of cells based on cell value conditions
- User role permission for table editing
- Export tables and charts to PDF or Excel
- Include formulas as cell values
- Integrates with Divi page builder for more design options
A standout feature for wpDataTables is its conditional formatting feature which allows you to highlight specific data points in your tables based on certain conditions, such as values greater than or less than a certain number. This feature can help make your data easier to understand and make it simpler for them to find the information they need from your tables. It saves time by letting values be automatically formatted based on conditions rather than manually formatting each cell.
wpDataTables is for you if you…
- Need a premium table solution for WordPress that does not disappoint
- Will be pulling in external data to your tables and want to apply automation
- Want an attractive table creator to please your site visitors
Pricing: From $94 a year
2. Ninja Tables Pro
Ninja Tables is an admiringly customizable WordPress table plugin that includes an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop table builder. The free version of the plugin is impressive and offers basic functions such as uploading data into tables, sorting, pagination, and basic filtering. Ninja Tables is a widely-used plugin that provides a user-friendly interface, making it easy for beginners to create stunning tables. It is also built by the same folks behind Fluent Forms and FluentCRM.
Key Features for Ninja Tables:
- Integrates with popular third-party services (like Mailchimp, WooCommerce, and Google Analytics)
- Pagination controls for best site performance and user experience
- Multiple value content types including text, images, and buttons
- Features for large datasets including lazy loading and server-side processing
Ninja Forms is ideal for creating visual (as opposed to data-rich) tables. The drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to add text, buttons, ratings, and custom HTML to individual cells. For data automation, importing, and validation, we still recommend our first choice above, wpDataTables
Ninja Tables is for you if you…
- Need an easy-to-use visual table builder
- Want to build easy WooCommerce-enabled product tables
- Enjoy other WPManageNinja products
Pricing: From $79 a year
TablePress is arguably the most widely used table plugin for WordPress with over 800,000 active installs. It is easy to use and is packed with features. It will only take a few minutes to get a fully functional table on your site that is searchable, filterable, and has pagination. The free version allows you to create unlimited tables with basic formulas and table options. You’ll have to upgrade to the pro version if you want front-end styling. It even integrates with the Divi page builder using TablePress Styler which allows TablePress users even more control over visually stylizing their tables.
Key Features for TablePress:
- Conditional formatting to highlight certain cells or rows, based on specific criteria or rules
- Users can filter and sort tables
- Uses pagination to split large tables into smaller pages
- Manipulate data in the table with features like merge, split, and duplicate cells
- Seamless integration with Divi
TablePress offers some features that allow you to use mathematical functions and formulas in cells within tables (much like Excel). This gives you even greater flexibility and precision when working with complex data tables on your WordPress site. You have complete power to display your data and information to your visitors.
TablePress is for you if you…
- Want a Free, powerful table plugin
- Don’t mind paying for better front-end style options.
- Use Divi and are interested in advanced table styling using TablePress Styler
- Enjoy a slightly lower-priced solution than the most expensive ones on this list
Pricing: Free, Pro from $79 a year
Visualizer is a heavy-lifting plugin that lets you build both tables and charts. Developed by Themeisle, the plugin makes possible fully interactive tables, animated charts, and colorful diagrams. This is a great choice for those who need a little more than just tables on their WordPress website. Check out our full review of the Visualizer plugin and how to use it.
Key Features for Visualizer:
- Customize the content of your cells by choosing from a variety of content types, including plain text, HTML, images, and links
- Easily rearrange the order of columns in your table using a drag-and-drop interface
- Display a total row at the bottom of your table, showing the sum or average of each column
- Make your table headers sticky, meaning they stay visible as users scroll down the table
- Display summary information for each column of your table, such as the total or average of the values in the column
- Create multi-level headers for your table to organize and group related data
- Perform calculations on your table data, such as adding or multiplying values, to create more complex data sets
- Connect tables to external data sources, such as Google Analytics or Facebook Ads, to automatically display real-time data
- Add interactive tooltips to your table cells
The key differentiator of Visualizer compared to other plugins is the ability to display data more visually. There are several types of tables and charts that you can build, even in the free version, with even more in the premium version of the plugin. This doesn’t pigeonhole you into one way of visualizing data but allows you to choose the best representation that will be important for your visitors’ user experience.
Visualizer is for you if you…
- Have a lot of data that needs to be visualized for your site visitors
- Need quality tables built but also something that goes beyond them
Pricing: From $129 a year
5. Post Tables Pro
Post Tables Pro is a freemium table builder that is uniquely built to display your posts, pages, taxonomies, and custom post types. What makes this plugin unique is that it can pull the data from your existing posts in WordPress to be displayed in tables. This is an excellent choice for website owners with lots of content that want to organize and display posts in clear ways. But the plugin isn’t limited to just blog post content. You can pull data from custom post types, custom fields, and more.
Key Features for Post Tables Pro:
- Dynamically adds post content to tables
- Can attach a search bar to search and browse entries
- Integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce allowing the use of pricing and product tables
- Can create anchor links that jump to a specific cell
- Lightbox integration that displays images or multimedia content in a lightbox directly from your table
The only real feature you need to know about to determine if you need it is that it uses your posts as a data source. This can be helpful for course creators, large websites, and any application where creating paginated, and filterable tables is desirable. If you need other types of tables created, this isn’t for you. But…
Post Tables Pro is for you if you…
- Want to display your posts, products, and custom post types in a table format
Pricing: From $79 a year
6. WooCommerce Product Table
WooCommerce Product Table is another table plugin by Barn2 that can build tables for your WooCommerce product data. And it does it well. This differs from Post Tables Pro in that it is 100% focused on WooCommerce products and provides only the essential features that pertain to eCommerce websites.
Key Features for WooCommerce Product Table:
- Display basic and variable products in tables
- “Quick view” allows customers to view detailed product information in lightboxes
- Add dynamic add-to-cart buttons that work with your store settings
- Display custom product fields in the table, such as SKU or weight, etc.
- Compatible with multi-vendor marketplaces like WooCommerce Product Vendors, YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor, and WC Vendors
The WooCommerce Product Table provides a range of options that allow you to customize the products displayed in the table. You can choose to display products based on a specific category, tag, custom taxonomy term, custom field, date (year, month, or day), or status. Additionally, you can show or hide specific products in the table based on their ID and exclude specific categories. And, every column can be filterable to help your customers find exactly the products that they are after.
WooCommerce Product Table is for you if you…
- Have a WooCommerce store and want more ways to display your product information
- Trust and use other Barn2 plugins
- Want to dynamically create product and pricing tables based on specific products in your store
Pricing: From $49 a year
TableMaker is another Divi Marketplace item that excels at the table-making experience. Divi theme users will love the ability to create tables with the advanced styling that is expected of the Divi editing interface. This is made by the same folks who created the Divi TablePress styler—so they know a thing or two about making WordPress-powered tables.
Key Features for TableMaker:
- Creates beautiful responsive tables in the Divi Builder
- Include in table cells text, buttons, images, and icons
- Enable accordion view for mobile devices
- Enable sticky headers for tables when scrolling
- Style, hide, or show the corners of your table
- Use alternate row or column backgrounds using: tints, blend modes, or pure color.
- Apply a hover effect to rows and columns within the table
TableMaker is one of the most powerful table builders for Divi. An impressive feature of the builder is the responsive feature. TableMaker adds several options to customize the table’s display on different devices. You can choose to enable table responsiveness, set the table breakpoint at which the table will display as blocks or accordions, and specify whether to break the table by columns or rows. Additionally, you can set the spacing between each block or accordion section.
TableMaker is for you if you…
- Use and love the Divi visual builder
- Like the idea of the TablePress Styler but only want to install one plugin
Pricing: From $39 a year
8. WP Table Builder
WP Table Builder is a well-respected drag-and-drop table maker for WordPress websites. It does multiple things well and is ideal for those displaying mixed media type tables (text, images, buttons). It can be used to create pricing tables, schedules, and even restaurant menus (but there are better restaurant menu plugins for that).
Key Features for WP Table Builder:
- Visual table editing experience that lets you see what you are building in real-time
- Use formulas to perform calculations on table data
- Pagination and sorting features for your tables
- Copy and paste data from other sources, such as Google Sheets or Excel spreadsheets, directly into your table
- Inline editing allows you to edit table data directly from your website’s frontend
- Merge or split cells in your table to create custom designs and layouts.
- Set conditions for table elements to show or hide depending on user input or data
- Enhance site performance by enabling lazy loading for your tables, so tables will only load data as the user scrolls down the page
WP Table Builder’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor enables users to easily customize their tables by adding or removing rows and columns, rearranging the table structure, and adjusting the table styling, all without needing any coding skills or technical knowledge. Adjust the size of each cell and add custom content, such as text, images, and videos, directly within the builder. Additionally, the builder lets you change the font, color, and background of each cell.
WP Table Builder is for you if you…
- Want a well-rounded table builder
- Prefer a visual editing experience
- Want to create multiple types of tables with ease
Pricing: From $49 a year
9. Data Tables Generator
Data Tables Generator is a table and chart plugin for WordPress. It is also a freemium solution (offering a free and premium plugin). Like many on the list, it majors on the majors for a table builder and lets you add all sorts of data types to your tables.
Key Features for Data Tables Generator by Supsystic:
- Drag-and-drop interfaces for creating and managing your tables and charts
- Customize the design of your tables and charts by choosing from a variety of styles
- Edit multiple cells in your tables and charts at once, making it easy to update large data sets
- Real-time collaboration of your tables and charts
- Conditional formatting with the use of icons to indicate the status of data
- Comes with data analysis tools to perform statistical analysis on your data and create pivot tables
- Compare two or more tables side by side, making it easy to identify differences and similarities in your data
The Data Tablet Generator offers filtering, search, and pagination features that enhance table navigation and overall user experience. The pagination feature easily limits the number of displayed rows (at a single time). The search option is useful for tables with numerous columns and rows, and the table sorting option enables data to be displayed in the desired order.
Data Tables Generator by Supsystic is for you if you…
- Want a low-cost yet reliable table plugin for your WordPress website
- Like real-time collaboration and data analysis tools for your advanced tables
Pricing: From $49 a year
Get Data Tables Generator by Supsystic
What is the Best WordPress Table Plugin?
If you want to create tables on your website that are both visually appealing and well-organized, then using a WordPress table plugin is essential. The best WordPress table plugins offer a blend of performance and user engagement to ensure your data is presented accurately.
|5||Post Tables Pro||$79/yr||❌||Visit|
|6||WooCommerce Product Table||$49/yr||❌||Visit|
|8||WP Table Builder||$49/yr||✔️||Visit|
|9||Data Tables Generator||$49/yr||✔️||Visit|
wpDataTables is the main contender for those looking for a truly impressive and good-looking table builder for WordPress. It is highly customizable and works well with different themes and plugins, making it easy to use on any of your websites. And if you are looking to create more stylish tables (especially product tables) using an impressive UI, we recommend Ninja Tables.
For Divi users, the TableMaker plugin brings the power of TablePress (free) to Divi’s intuitive and user-friendly builder. TableMaker is also the cheapest premium solution on our list!
Looking for more great plugins? Check out our entire collection of the best plugins for WordPress.
Featured Image via SpicyTruffel / shutterstock.com
Disclosure: If you purchase something after clicking links in the post, we may receive a commission. This helps us keep the free content and great resources flowing. Thank you for the support!
Leave A Reply