Elegant Themes Is Hiring!
Elegant Themes is growing, and we are on the hunt for a talented WordPress developer to work alongside our team in creating the best premium WordPress themes on the web. If you are a WordPress developer that is interested in working with us, please take a look at our new Elegant Jobs Page, where we will be listing available positions within the company. If you know someone that may be interested, please send them our way 🙂
Who Are We Looking For?
This position is for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress. You have built your own themes and plugins before, and possibly even contributed to WordPress Core. You enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems, and are familiar with the WordPress motto – “code is poetry.” You are up-to-date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies because you are engaged in the open source community, and you enjoy building software that pushes the web forward.
Required Skills & Experience
- Complete understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level
- Experiencing building WordPress themes/plugins
- Understanding of WordPress coding best practices
- WordPress/Programming security best practices
- Ability to be creative and contribute based on your own merit
- Ability to function within a small team and startup atmosphere
Required Coding Languages
- Github Experience
- SVN Experience
- A history of open source software contribution
A Bit About Our Team
We work in a beautiful, light-filled room in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Our office is packed with the best equipment you could hope for, and filled with a fun-loving atmosphere. If you happen to live in San Francisco, working with our small team is a lot of fun. If you prefer to work remotely, that’s fine too. In fact, the majority of our team is distributed around the globe, and we are accustomed to online collaboration.