As artificial intelligence (AI) technology continues to evolve, a deeper understanding of AI is crucial for staying ahead of the game. Moreover, knowing how to use AI can help advance your career. With AI courses, learners at different skill levels, from beginners to experts, can gain the knowledge and skills they need. To help you achieve your academic and career goals, we have compiled a list of the best AI courses available.
- 1 Benefits of Taking an AI Online Course
The Best AI Courses
- 2.1 1. AI For Everyone (Coursera)
- 2.2 2. AI A-Z: Build an AI with ChatGPT4 (Udemy)
- 2.3 3. AI: Foundations (Pluralsight)
- 2.4 4. Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python (Udemy)
- 2.5 5. Artificial Intelligence for Business + ChatGPT Bonus (Udemy)
- 2.6 6. Natural Language Processing Specialization (Coursera)
- 2.7 7. Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree (Udacity)
- 3 Best AI Courses: Price Comparison
- 4 What is The Best AI Course?
Benefits of Taking an AI Online Course
Before we jump into our list of AI courses, it is helpful to be reminded of the benefits they afford. AI is becoming an integral part of our personal and business lives. This makes the study of AI increasingly relevant and beneficial. Here are some of the benefits that make AI courses so valuable:
- Enhanced Productivity – AI is revolutionizing the way we live. There are AI tools to help with just about any task you can think of. Whether using AI writing software for everyday writing tasks or developing a personal AI chatbot for your business, AI courses can help you understand how to use these tools more effectively.
- Professional and Personal Development – Learning AI can make you an appealing candidate for developing and strategizing AI solutions within your position, company, or industry. Whether using AI tools to help you code, make more sales, or build websites, it can provide you with theoretical knowledge and practical skills that you can use in the field.
- Better job opportunities – Taking an AI course will allow you to gain a helpful skillset centered on AI, enhancing your employability and opening up new opportunities in a fast-growing job market. Since AI is one of the most in-demand skills of the present and future, you may be able to land a higher-paying job and a brighter career.
- Certifications – Many courses award certificates you can add to your resume and easily share on LinkedIn and other social platforms.
- Cost-Effective learning – There are AI courses taught by professionals offered online for free, and premium courses usually range between $50 – $250.
- Flexible Timeline – AI courses allow you to complete the course on your timetable and benefit from a flexible schedule. You don’t need to worry about missing course materials because it is accessible whenever you require it.
With these benefits in mind, let’s explore some of the best AI courses.
The Best AI Courses
With so many AI courses out there, it can be challenging to know where to start. That’s why we’ve compiled the most popular AI courses that have been the most successful. In this list, we’ll review the key features, pricing, and how each course best suits particular learners.
The Best AI Courses Listed In Order
- AI For Everyone (Coursera)
- AI A-Z: Build an AI with ChatGPT4 (Udemy)
- AI: Foundations (Pluralsight)
- Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python (Udemy)
- Artificial Intelligence for Business + ChatGPT Bonus (Udemy)
- Natural Language Processing Specialization (Coursera)
- Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree (Udacity)
1. AI For Everyone (Coursera)
AI For Everyone is one of the best fundamental courses on AI available on Coursera. It is taught by Andrew Ng, a top instructor known for his influential machine learning courses that have significantly impacted AI and Machine Learning. This course provides an in-depth understanding of AI, exploring key concepts such as neural networks, machine learning, deep learning, and data science. Those who take the course will gain all the foundational knowledge needed to engage in AI conversations and work on AI projects confidently.
This extensive nine-hour course is designed to equip you with a realistic understanding of what AI can and cannot do, serving as a guiding tool to identify potential AI applications in your organization. It unveils the mechanics of developing machine learning and data science projects. It covers practical strategies for working alongside AI teams and establishing an AI strategy within your organization. Additionally, the course also facilitates an understanding of AI ethics and the societal impacts of AI.
- Affordable: Monthly subscriptions allow you to access the course catalog, which means you can take more courses if you give more time to learn these topics.
- Beginner-friendly: The course is non-technical and helps you understand complex AI concepts easier which is suitable for beginners. The course topics include What is AI, Building AI Projects, Building AI in Your Community, and AI and Society.
- 9-hours long: This course runs for three weeks, approximately 3 hours a week
This course is best for newcomers wanting to learn a broad overview of the field. While it is mainly non-technical, engineers can also take this course to learn the business aspects of AI.
Pricing: Free trial for seven days; Coursera plans start at $49/month
2. AI A-Z: Build an AI with ChatGPT4 (Udemy)
The Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Build an AI with ChatGPT4 is a practical AI course that will teach you how to use AI technology to build your own AI. The course centers on using ChatGPT4 (a popular language model) for real-world applications. Using helpful Python code templates, It shows you how to build an AI to beat games (like chess) and create a virtual self-driving car. Once you experience combining data science, machine learning, and deep learning technology with this approach, you can use the same techniques for countless other practical applications. In addition to building an AI to beat games and creating self-driving cars, the course also comes with three downloadable resources.
- Comprehensive Video Instruction: This course consists of 17 hours of video that you can watch at your own pace.
- Broad Scope of Topics: This course covers many topics, including Fundamentals of Reinforcement Learning, Deep Q-learning, Deep Convolutional Q-learning, A3C, and more.
- Practical: It teaches theories and concepts and practical applications for building your own AI.
- Code Heavy: The course focuses on building an AI using Python code.
- Downloadable materials: For every AI you build in the course, you’ll get downloadable Python code templates
This course is best for developers familiar with Python code looking to extend their AI knowledge and skills to build an AI application.
Pricing: $79 (full lifetime access)
3. AI: Foundations (Pluralsight)
Artificial Intelligence: Foundations by Pluralsight includes six comprehensive courses, each structured to allow four hours of study time. Within the 4-hour course, you can thoroughly understand AI concepts behind AI-based chatbots, AI assistants, and more. You will also understand how AI chatbots differ significantly from regular chatbots. Additionally, the course explores the functionalities and operation of smart assistants. Whether you are a beginner in the Information Technology (IT) field or an entrepreneur seeking to extend knowledge about AI foundation, this course will be an excellent resource.
- Short and brief video instruction: This course is 4 hours long, and you can finish at your own pace
- Theoretical: The course introduces basic terminologies and concepts of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Focuses on six areas of AI: AI-based Chatbots, Smart Assistants, AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations), Responsible AI, AI for Business, Developing an Artificial Intelligence Strategy for Your Organization
This course is best for beginners or those starting their careers in any field. It will provide a strong foundation in AI for their expanding AI careers.
Pricing: 10-day trial; Paid subscription starts at $29/month after the trial ends
4. Artificial Intelligence: Reinforcement Learning in Python (Udemy)
Reinforcement Learning in Python is an AI course in Udemy that will help you understand reinforcement learning (a subset of machine learning) on a technical level. This course aims to teach how to program bots for monitoring and evaluating stock market trends. You will also learn concepts like Dynamic Programming and Approximation Methods, which help maximize the return on investment.
With this course, you can experience a hands-on project to build a stock trading bot with Q-Learning. A background in coding, programming, calculus, or probability is recommended since most topics center around these. If you’re ready for a new challenge and want to explore AI techniques beyond traditional machine learning, this course is an excellent choice.
- Content Depth: The course has in-depth discussions about reinforcement learning
- Practical Course Application: At the end of the course, you will create a stock trading project with reinforcement learning
- Extensive Video Instruction: This course is 14.5 hours long, and you can watch it at your own pace
- Extra Lecture Video: Additional Python learning video for beginners
Reinforcement Learning in Python is best for stock traders and investors who want to leverage AI in creating stock trading bots. Plus, it can simplify stock market monitoring and evaluation.
Pricing: $79.99 (Full lifetime access)
5. Artificial Intelligence for Business + ChatGPT Bonus (Udemy)
Artificial Intelligence for Business is an AI course that provides comprehensive lessons on how to solve real-world business problems using AI. The first part of the course will help you develop an AI system to optimize operations within an E-Commerce warehouse. Next, it will show you how to use AI to minimize the costs in energy consumption of a data center by more than 50%! You can also take on the challenge of creating an AI model that will maximize the revenue of an online business. As a bonus, this course also includes a 100-page book about Artificial Intelligence for Business.
- Comprehensive video lesson: The course is 15 hours long and mainly focuses on building an AI solution for business challenges.
- Focuses on solutions and implementations: The course will teach you how to create solutions for business problems. Then, it will also help implement those solutions in the real world.
- Covers three areas of business: Optimizing Business Processes, Minimizing Costs, Maximizing Revenues
- Additional material: When you purchase a course, it comes with a book about AI for Business
This is best for business professionals and entrepreneurs with basic Python knowledge who want to improve their businesses by using AI.
Pricing: $94.99 (full lifetime access); Included in personal plan subscription starting at $16.58 per month (includes free trial)
6. Natural Language Processing Specialization (Coursera)
The Natural Language Processing Specialization course in Coursera starts the lesson from the basics, guiding you step by step until you can build advanced models for multitasking. The Specialization is divided into Classification, Probabilistic, Sequence, and Attention lessons. This course mainly aims to give you the tools and techniques to build NLP systems. Despite this Specialization not being a complete introduction to AI, it provides crucial skills for a specific area of AI. Armed with these skills, you can lay a solid foundation for an NLP-focused startup or kickstart your new career in the industry.
- Focuses on four key areas: Classification and Vector Spaces, Probabilistic Models, Sequence Models, and Attention Models
- Practical projects: The course will also teach hands-on projects that develop job-relevant skills.
- Extensive video instruction: The Specialization provides four courses, which you can allot 10 hours a week at your own pace.
- Affordable: Considering the course has a free trial and an in-depth topic, it is low compared to other courses.
This course is best for students of machine learning or artificial intelligence and software engineers looking for a deeper understanding of how NLP models work and how to apply them. It is best to have a working knowledge of machine learning and intermediate Python experience.
Pricing: Free trial for seven days; Paid Plan starts at $49/month
7. Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree (Udacity)
The Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree program offers learners a strong foundation in AI techniques. In this course, learners will encounter various practical projects designed to apply the concepts learned in each lesson. These projects include building a Sudoku solver, developing an adversarial game-playing agent, and more. When completed, this course will enhance your understanding of AI and serve as concrete evidence of your newly acquired AI expertise. While it covers foundational concepts about AI techniques, one thing missing from this course is machine learning, which you can learn from other courses on our list.
- Extensive video lessons: This course is three months long with at least 10 hours a week, but you can learn it at your own pace
- Course content: The course covers topics from general to specific. Starting from the introduction to AI to the application of theories in real-life situations
- Real-World Projects: At the end of every course, you will apply theories you’ve learned by building projects using AI
- Unlimited Access: A monthly subscription allows unlimited access to the learning catalog and program certificates
This course is best for learners who want a deep understanding of AI core concepts and how to apply them with hands-on projects.
Pricing: Udacity subscription starts at $249/month for unlimited course access. Free Plan offers limited courses.
Best AI Courses: Price Comparison
One primary consideration when choosing your course to learn is the price. To help you decide if it aligns with your budget, we compiled the costs of the best AI courses in a comparison table.
|AI For Everyone
|Artificial Intelligence A-Z
|$79 (lifetime access)
|Reinforcement Learning in Python
|$79.99 (lifetime access)
|AI for Business + ChatGPT
$94.99 (lifetime access)
|AI Nanodegree Program
What is The Best AI Course?
AI for Everyone by Andrew Ng in Coursera is best for newcomers seeking a non-technical course that can be quickly followed. This course will allow you to gain insights into developing machine learning and data science projects.
If you want to learn how to develop an AI system for practical, real-world purposes like winning a game or creating logic for self-driving vehicles, Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Build an AI with ChatGPT4 by Udemy is an excellent course. This is also best for you if you are still starting in coding since every tutorial will let you write code from scratch.
Artificial Intelligence: Foundations by Pluralsight course is an excellent option if you’re in an IT operations field, so you can evaluate how to apply AI in your organization. This is best even for beginners with a strong foundation in AI.