Artificial intelligence (AI) powered chatbots are revolutionizing how we get work done. You’ve likely heard about ChatGPT, but that is only the tip of the iceberg. Millions of people leverage all sorts of AI chat tools in their businesses and personal lives. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best AI chatbots and what they can do to enhance individual and business productivity.
- 1 What Types of AI Chatbots Are There?
The Best AI Chatbots
- 2.1 1. Writesonic (Botsonic + Chatsonic)
- 2.2 2. Chat by Copy.ai
- 2.3 3. ChatBot
- 2.4 4. Jasper Chat
- 2.5 5. Tidio+
- 2.6 6. Liveperson
- 2.7 7. You.com
- 2.8 8. Ada
- 2.9 9. Laiye Conversational AI
- 2.10 10. Botsify
- 2.11 11. Bard
- 2.12 12. ChatGPT
- 2.13 13. Zendesk Answer Bot
- 2.14 14. Landbot
- 2.15 15. Drift Conversational AI
- 2.16 16. Socratic
- 3 What is the Best AI Chatbot?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Types of AI Chatbots Are There?
AI Chatbot platforms are built on some fantastic technology. Large Language Models have a knack for following complex instructions without breaking a sweat. Most AI bots are text-based, but some can generate images, video, code, and audio or even solve complicated math. They’re used in all sorts of applications, like image generators and article rewriting tools.
They help humans with just about anything related to information gathering, pattern-making, and generally tedious tasks. Because of these unique features, they can fill many holes in business and personal productivity.
Popular Use Cases for Business Chatbots
- Chatbots schedule appointments and meetings, reducing the effort needed for staff and increasing efficiency.
- Businesses can utilize chatbots to engage with website visitors, collect contact information, and qualify leads, resulting in easier identification of potential customers.
- Chatbots can be used on company websites as live customer service agents. By directing users to relevant documentation, guides, and frequently asked questions (FAQs), chatbots enable customers to find the answers they need quickly.
- Employees benefit from chatbot assistance in locating information, completing tasks, and accessing company resources, which leads to improved productivity and efficiency.
- Chatbots also gather customer feedback, conduct surveys, and collect valuable insights and even come in WordPress chat plugins.
How You Can Use a Personal Chatbot
- Personal chatbots can be valuable research assistants, delving into topics of interest and providing suggestions for further exploration.
- Chatbots can enhance the experience by offering conversation prompts, vocabulary lessons, and grammar tips when learning a new language.
- Personal chatbots ensure you have various entertainment options by recommending movies, music, books, or events tailored to your interests and preferences.
- Meal preparation becomes more enjoyable and efficient with chatbots that suggest recipes based on dietary preferences, provide cooking instructions, and assist in planning weekly meals.
The Best AI Chatbots
Subscribe To Our Youtube Channel
The Best AI Chatbots Listed In Order
- Writesonic (Botsonic + Chatsonic)
- Chat by Copy.ai
- Jasper Chat
- Laiye Conversational AI
- Zendesk Answer Bot
- Drift Conversational AI
1. Writesonic (Botsonic + Chatsonic)
Writesonic is a leading AI-powered platform that performs many tasks to help businesses with efficiency and creativity. Backed by Y Combinator, it has gotten a lot of attention and development. It offers different products using the same underlying AI technology to save businesses money. We’ll focus on two AI chatbot tools by Writesonic: Chatsonic and Botsonic. We’ll go over the key features and then explain who the whole Writesonic platform is for.
Chatsonic is an AI-powered chatbot by Writesonic that is a powerful ChatGPT alternative. It is built on top of GPT-4 but introduces other proprietary technology to bring even more capabilities for those used to the text-only output of ChatGPT. Botsonic is another integrated product from Writesonic that can create conversation AI experiences for your website users. It can connect your sales and support data to develop AI automated conversations with your customers and leads.
Writesonic’s free plan includes 10,000 monthly words and access to nearly all of Writesonic’s features (including Botsonic and Writesonic)
Key Features of Chatsonic:
- Connected to the internet using Google Search technology
- Generate AI art and images in the same chat flow
- “Personality Avatars” can be set to help with different tasks (math teacher, translator, general AI, etc.)
- Chrome extension to bring AI to all the places you write
- Enter prompts using a voice command (you speak, and it listens)
- Can cite sources (but still need to verify)
Key Features of Writesonic:
- No-code, website chatbot builder
- Built leveraging GPT 4, arguably the most advanced AI model on the market
- Brand customization is available and allows for changing chat window colors, logo, and avatar
- Simple embed script + API that makes it usable on almost any website
Chatsonic is ideal for businesses needing AI-powered personal assistants. Its personality avatars make it adept at performing specific tasks while still being able to do just about anything. As helpful as ChatGPT has been for teams, Chatsonic tries to be even more valuable by doing what it can’t. Botsonic is perfect for website owners who offer online customer support. Powered by GPT 4, Botsonic can leverage your customer support material and provide dedicated support to your customers 24/7.
Pricing: Free plan with paid plans starting at $19/mo (30% discount for non-profits and students)
2. Chat by Copy.ai
Chat by Copy.ai is a versatile chatbot that works like ChatGPT but has access to more data and is trained for marketing and sales tasks. But it is also great as an all-purpose AI that can help with creativity, solving problems, and any writing task. Chat by Copy.ai is built for the workplace, and paid plans can be used across teams, starting with five users per account.
Key Features of Copy.ai:
- Access to the web so it can talk back with live information
- Prebuilt prompts to save you time and get consistent results for routine queries
- Go from a chat conversation to a long-form editor to create content with your AI assistant
Chat by Copy.ai is perfect for businesses looking for an assistant-type chatbot for internal productivity. It is built for sales and marketing professionals but can do much more. Since it can access Live-data on the web (and through API), it can be used to personalize marketing materials and sales outreach.
Pricing: Free plan available with paid plans starting at $49/mo
Chatbot by LiveChat is an AI chatbot provider focused on allowing businesses to provide excellent customer service using a live chat widget. It enables companies to create web chatbots and reduce dependencies on a 100% human support team. Its robust integration capabilities make it easy to incorporate into existing workflows and communication channels, including social media.
Key Features of ChatBot:
- Integrates with several chat services (WhatsApp, SMS, Email, etc.) to create a unified support platform
- Provides customer support based on the integrated HelpDesk and can create support tickets
- Display product cards in chat to develop leads and even customers through Conversational AI
- Tag visitors for powerful marketing and CRM segmentation campaigns
- Ten high-powered SaaS integrations + Zapier
ChatBot is an ideal solution for businesses that want a customer-facing virtual chatbot solution for sales and customer support. It integrates with LiveChat’s other products, LiveChat and HelpDesk, to offer a 306-degree support system for any business. If your business is poised to scale into the major leagues, the LiveChat ecosystem is something to consider.
Pricing: Starting at $65/mo
4. Jasper Chat
Jasper Chat is an AI chat platform built into one of the best AI writing software tools on the market. It is a prompt or command-based AI chat tool—put in a query or prompt, and Jasper will get to work. Built into Jasper Chat is a refining experience where you can slightly modify your prompt to optimize for a preferable generated output. It’s an ideal AI assistant with an easy-to-use chat interface.
Key Features of Jasper Chat:
- Jasper is trained on data from as late as 2021, so it is behind the ball compared to Chatsonic
- Quickly transfer chat outputs into Jasper’s long-form editor
- Built for business use cases like marketing, sales, and business writing
Jasper Chat is a decent chat assistant that can help you with writing tasks. Not the most advanced AI chatbot on our list, but it will likely mature as the rest of the Jasper platform has.
Pricing: Starts at $49/mo for Jasper subscription, including Jasper Chat
Tidio is a customer service chatbot platform. Most of its plans help people build traditional chatbots based on workflows, but with their Tidio+ plan, users can get the power of AI incorporated into advanced chatbots that help reduce customer churn and improve retention.
Key Features of Tidio+:
- Tidio+ comes with unlimited chat interactions
- Chatbot can handle conversations with customers but fallback onto live agents for a human touch when needed
- It comes with a ticketing system when solutions will take a little bit of time
- Ran from the cloud allowing operators to interact with customers on mobile device apps or using desktop applications
Tidio is great for any business that has either a chat-based customer support organization or an inbound sales team. It integrates with major website platforms, including WordPress, as well as several popular messaging channels so you can deploy high-level chat solutions where ever your customers are. The AI tool is best suited for customer support for any business and automated sales chat with connected eCommerce stores.
Pricing: Tidio+ starts at $329/mo, with non-AI chatbot plans starting Free
LivePerson is an advanced conversational AI chatbot platform. They built their platform to improve the old “rule-based” chatbot model that was limited to providing programmed responses based on keywords entered by the user. This was clunky and didn’t fit the nature of how language works. The new Conversational AI technology by LivePerson is much more powerful. It is based on natural language understanding (NLU) and natural language processing (NLP) to handle complex interactions and deliver natural-sounding responses. This allows companies to enhance customer experience, engagement, and support.
Key Features of LivePerson:
- Conversational AI technology for natural responses
- Past AI chat interactions power and inform future conversations—Liveperson is always learning your business needs
- Understands user intents to craft the best possible responses
- Can connect with eCommerce platforms for conversation commerce experiences powered by AI chat
LivePerson is for enterprise-sized businesses that want to leverage conversational bots across their business. It can be used in customer and eCommerce sales support and provide a casual chat experience across multiple mainstream messaging platforms.
Pricing: Pricing not available; contact Liveperson for a custom quote
You.com is an AI-based search engine that also has a chatbot (YouChat) connected to it. Its powerful search algorithms enable it to understand conversational user queries and deliver accurate, context-aware answers. It can also interact with the prompter as it surfaces web results and creates custom answers in chat.
Key Features of You.com:
- Advanced AI-powered search capabilities
- Context-aware chat responses
- A great alternative to Bard or Bing AI
- Includes AI search tools for generating various types of content including images, videos, code, and more.
You.com is excellent for anyone surfing the web, especially those trying to avoid the obvious search giants (Google, Bing) and use something else.
Pricing: Free search engine
Ada is a customer experience-driven chatbot platform that streamlines support processes while delivering personalized interactions. The platform’s AI technology enables it to understand complex user requests and respond conversationally. It can connect with your operational technology to create a deep and relevant customer experience.
Key Features of Ada:
- Cross-channel AI chat conversations
- Measure performance and iterate on how your chatbot works over time
- No-code chatbot builder that is easy to deploy on a website
- Multilingual (50+ languages) so you can deliver customer support at scale more accessible than ever
- Integrates with 28 platforms (from eCommerce to appointment booking and more)
Ada is the perfect solution for businesses that want an integrated chat solution that can pull from multiple business-critical data sources. Have it connect with your order management solution, helpdesk, or booking software to automate business processes at scale.
Pricing: No public pricing; contact for a customized quote for your business
9. Laiye Conversational AI
Laiye Conversational AI is another cutting-edge AI chatbot solution that excels in automating customer service and sales processes. The platform offers comprehensive tools for designing, training, and deploying AI chatbots across multiple channels.
Key Features of Laiye Conversational AI:
- The AI assistant can collect information and qualify a customer before sending them to a human agent
- Multi-channel deployment and integration so you can help people on your website and beyond
- Real-time analytics and performance tracking to see just how much time and money you are saving
- Rates and learns from its conversations, so it gets better at supporting your unique customers over time
- SaaS and On-site versions of Laiye are available to fit the most complicated use cases that enterprises have
Laiye is an enterprise AI chatbot and automation platform for businesses delivering support at scale. This platform should only be considered for large companies with large budgets. These companies stand to benefit from a lot of cost savings once deployed.
Pricing: No public pricing is available; contact Laiye directly for a customized quote
Botsify is an easy-to-use chatbot platform that allows small-to-medium-sized businesses to create, deploy, and manage AI-powered chatbots for customer support and engagement. It is built to help automate sales processes and customer support and balance growing workforce needs with AI.
Key Features of Botsify:
- Multilingual AI chatbot
- Whitelabel platform for agencies to offer chatbot building services
- Integration with popular messaging apps and platforms
- Integrates with WooCommerce and other eCommerce platforms
- Agent fallback for when AI has done its job, but it is time for a human to step in
Botsify is an excellent option for smaller businesses. It has most of the tools they’d need at pricing that matches their budgets. They offer a do-it-for-you development team that can help build you an AI-automated chatbot for business and help deploy it.
Pricing: Starting at $49/mo for 5k chat interactions
Bard is an innovative chatbot platform that leverages advanced natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) technologies to deliver engaging and intelligent conversations. Built by Google, Bard aims to be a helpful collaborator with whatever you bring to it. The platform focuses on providing human-like interactions and understanding complex user queries.
Key Features of Bard:
- Advanced NLP and machine learning capabilities
- It acts as a personal assistant where you can ask it to follow prompts
- Trained with internet data newer than ChatGPT
Bard is perfect for anyone wanting help with anything that comes to mind (that can be expressed in text, at least).
Pricing: Free to use
ChatGPT is the AI-driven chatbot of the hour. Created by OpenAI, it excels in providing contextual and meaningful conversations across various industries and topics. It is easy to use for countless personal and professional tasks like planning events, writing emails, and generating code. The paid version is based on GPT-4 which is trained on 45 gigabytes of data, making it one of the most prominent and valuable Large Language Models (LLMs). Paid users of ChatGPT have access to GPT-4 in its chat, but GPT 3.5 is available for all users (free and paid).
Key Features of ChatGPT:
- State-of-the-art AI models that are used as a base technology for many of the tools mentioned in this article
- Context-aware conversationalist that remembers what has previously been stated to inform current responses
- The gold standard of basic chat functions with very sophisticated responses
- It can help write and fix multiple coding languages
ChatGPT is a great companion assistant. This AI chatbot is great for fleshing out ideas and performing text-based tasks. It is usable in almost any domain with enough context and prompt engineering.
Pricing: Free to use with the paid plan at $20/mo; API access costs are separate
13. Zendesk Answer Bot
Zendesk Answer Bot is an AI-powered chatbot solution built into the popular Zendesk ecosystem of products. As another customer support-focused AI, Zendesk Answer Bot is excellent at taking support materials in Zendesk and leveraging those in conversational live chats with customers.
Key Features of Zendesk Answer Bot:
- AI-driven support automation that works 24/7
- Bots can triage interactions and transfer customers without manual sorting
- Multiple messaging channels such as Slack, website, and Facebook Messenger
- Can collect personalized customer data for segmentation and issue tracking
Zendesk Answer Bot is perfect for businesses already using Zendesk products and looking to enhance their customer support processes with an AI-powered chatbot solution.
Pricing: Pricing is based on chat resolutions starting at $1 per resolution
Landbot is a versatile chatbot platform that enables businesses to create engaging, interactive chatbots for customer support, lead generation, and more. Their core product is more of a traditional chatbot though they’ve launched Landbot AI as a beta experiment for their chatbot platform.
Key Features of Landbot:
- No-code chatbot flow builder
- Wide range of customization options and integrations
- It can be used for customer support and lead generation
Landbot is ideal for businesses with more minor chatbot needs. This can include wanting to automate your business’s most common customer interactions. Its intelligent chatbot features are in their infancy but will show a lot of promise once they are out of beta.
Pricing: Free plan with 100 monthly chats and paid plans starting at $39/mo
15. Drift Conversational AI
Drift Conversational AI is an effective enterprise chatbot platform that delivers personalized, engaging interactions to drive customer engagement and generate leads. The platform uses advanced AI technology to understand user queries and respond based on connected data sources. It goes beyond a chatbot by providing advanced landing pages and engagement options that bring even more data into your business.
Key Features of Drift Conversational AI:
- Real-time, AI-driven customer interactions via chat
- Schedule meetings automatically by connecting Google or Microsoft calendars
- Use conversational engagement to gather actionable data and to de-anonymize critical data
- Conversational landing pages that sell and interact
Drift Conversational AI is for enterprises wanting to bring conversational bots to live chat and marketing flows. It excels at filling a CRM with actionable data through automated conversations. It’s a high-growth platform for large-scale businesses.
Pricing: Starting at $2,500/mo
Socratic is an AI chat app that helps students with their learning goals. It uses AI to understand questions submitted by a wondering student and matches that query with the best online resources to help find an answer or to dig further into the topic. Users will need to download the Android or iPhone app, type a question into the chat, and surf the supplied resources related to the question. It works like a specialized version of Google Search, only completely tailored toward common learning objectives.
Key Features of Socratic by Google:
- Free chat app available on Android and iPhone platforms
- Step-by-step help with math problems so you can break them down instead of giving the answers
- Provides practice test questions so you are prepared for any subject with realistic questions
- Surfaces helpful content and sources (including videos and diagrams) to help you learn complex concepts
Socratic is for life-long learners and students. It’s best used for general academic subjects, and your mileage may vary when you get into graduate-level academics focusing on very narrow topics. If you are looking for a study partner, Socratic is always available and can even tutor you in a wide range of subjects. This is best for students who want to learn more efficiently and not just those who want to get the correct answers without putting in the work.
What is the Best AI Chatbot?
There are all types of AI chatbots available online. Here’s a quick overview of our top choices.
|Tool||Languages||Starting Price||Free Plan|
|🥈||Chat by Copy.ai||27+||$49/mo||✔️ Yes||Visit|
|4||Jasper Chat||30+||$49/mo||❌ Trial||Visit|
|5||Tidio+||8||$329/mo||❌ Not w/ AI||Visit|
|6||Liveperson||28+||Must Request Quote||❌ Trial||Visit|
|7||You AI Search||English||Free||✔️ Yes||Visit|
|8||Ada||100+||Must Request Quote||❌ No Trial||Visit|
|9||Laiye Conversational AI||2||Must Request Quote||❌ Trial||Visit|
|13||Zendesk W/ AI Bot||18+||$1/Resolution||❌ Trial||Visit|
|15||Drift Conversational AI||100+||$2,500/mo||✔️ Yes||Visit|
Writesonic arguably has the most comprehensive AI chatbot solution. Not only is it a powerful AI writing software, but it also includes Chatsonic and Botsonic—two different types of AI chatbots. All of these are available in its free plan.
For businesses wanting to bring conversational AI to their support and sales operations, Botisfy and Zendesk Answers Bot are both within reach for most small businesses. Enterprises will want to look at Tidio+ or Drift/Ada.
There’s no doubt that personal Chat AI is helpful as well. We recommend Socratic for students and ChatGPT or Bard for general-purpose AI chatting.
Looking for other tools to increase productivity and achieve better business results? Check out all our recommended tools for website owners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we wrap up, let’s answer some of your most common questions regarding AI chatbots. Did we miss one? Leave a question below and we will respond!
What is the best AI chatbot?
What is the best free AI chatbot?
Which AI chatbot is right for you?
What is an AI chatbot?
What is the most advanced Chatbot AI?
How do chatbots work?
Can I create my own AI chatbot?
What are the risks of using AI chatbots?
What is the role of an AI chatbot?
What should I look for when choosing the best AI chatbot?
Can chatbots work without AI?
What is the effect of AI chatbots in engaging with customers?
How does AI influence customer interaction?
How can AI chatbots improve user experience?
Can AI chatbots work for websites that offer professional services?
Featured Image by Irina Strelnikova / shutterstock.com
Leave A Reply