Work For Elegant Themes
Got what it takes to build themes with the best theming crew around?
Our current job listings For 2014:
WordPress Theme Developer
About The Job
Required Skills & Experience
- The Basics: This is a full time position available to both remote and on-site employees. Employment includes full benefits, paid vacation, a competitive salary and unlimited espresso brewed from our Rocket Cellini Premium Plus v2.
- Duties Of The Job: Our developers work on creating new themes and maintaining old ones. This includes taking PSD files and building them into complete, functional, responsive themes built on top of our own framework. Our developers are also tasked with fixing bugs and addressing whatever issues our customers bring to our attention.
- Who We Are Looking For: This position is for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress. You have built your own themes and plugins before, and possibly even contributed to WordPress Core. You enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems, and are familiar with the WordPress motto - "code is poetry." You are up-to-date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies because you are engaged in the open source community, and you enjoy building software that pushes the web forward.
- Complete understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level
- Experiencing building WordPress themes/plugins
- Understanding of WordPress coding best practices
- WordPress/Programming security best practices
- Ability to be creative and contribute based on your own merit
- Ability to function within a small team and startup atmosphere
- Github Experience
- SVN Experience
- A history of open source software contribution